Friday, March 17, 2017

Week 9: Customer Interviews and Value Proposition Canvas


This week, we filled out our value proposition canvas and continued to conduct customer interviews. 



We gained several insights from these interviews--given that the information we are proposing to protect is sensitive, customers need to feel a certain amount of trust towards us. Some customers would trust us more if we were offered as a premium through cloud services like Dropbox; others distrust such companies and would trust us more if we remained a third party. 

On my part, I did additional research into companies like Box and Dropbox to see if channel sales were an option for our product. It turns out that such companies do have partner programs through which we can leverage their large customer bases and have a wider reach. I also attempted to reach out to various people in these companies, but am awaiting responses.

We are also extremely excited for Fauzi to create a logo design for our group, as he has some nice graphic design experience under his belt.


2 comments:

  1. Cool to see your canvas! I'm glad you're looking at the issue of security from both sides, good to have that perspective. Hopefully you'll get responses soon. Excited to see your logo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Professor,

    I just updated my blog with my individual patent analysis. I plan to meet with my group later this week to get additional details sorted out. We have indeed received more information on our customer surveys, the insights which should have been uploaded to our group blog.

    ReplyDelete